Monday 11 January 2016

Merilyn Hair Diary - Background

            "Hair brings one's self-image into focus, it is vanity's proving ground. Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices." - Shana Alexander

I started keeping my hair on 6th January, 2014. This is a significant day that I'll come to explain about one day.
It's been two years now. I've tried all braids, a weave once, dreadlocks for three months. You name it. I've had enough of it and I couldn't cut it. To make matters worse, a hairdresser once cut a sizeable chunk in the middle while undoing it and didn't tell me until I visited a different salon and it was pointed out. This has reduced my hair confidence by three quarters!!

I'm wondering whether to cut it to be in size with the shortened patch or just ignore it.
Another thing, my hair is as coarse as steel wool. Combing is a hustle. I could go for days without combing it just to postpone the pulling and untangling. And the shedding. Hunni!
So most times when it's not plaited I opt for headscarves which le mister does not like. So I have to get the act together and make my hair presentable enough to walk around without covering it.

I'll be the first to admit, I've been lazy to go past the shampoo and water routine. It tangles, I wash it. It's too dry, I wash it. Anything, I wash it. I've been washing it too much. Which I thought was good for it, but it was hair suicide.
I'm glad I know better from the research I've embarked on and I'm glad for the things I've learned.

According to my resolutions post here, I got to get it to be better than it was before. Take this journey with me as I do a hair diary post once in a while just to keep stock of it all.

Hoping it will be great.

As always,
@thestylechief

1 comment:

  1. Woiye am sorry that your hair was cut by the previous hair dresser, be strong. I like that you tried everything to do with hair which shows that you've learned through your multiple experiences.Lol!! Tell le Mister to understand you hun. All the best as you get your act together.
    www.fashionstylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete